Saturday, February 7, 2009

Shrimp Scampi Linguine


Shrimp Scampi Linguine

Ingredients
1 lb shrimp
8 oz linguine (cooked)
1/4 cup reserved pasta water
1 Roma Tomato Diced
1/2 bunch asparagus cut into 1 inch sections
4 shitake mushrooms diced
3 teaspoons of Wild Tree Scampi Blend
5 tablespoons of Jalapeno Grapeseed Oil
2 teaspoons of salt (optional to taste)

Directions:
Cook Linguine in a pot and add asparagus in the remaining 3 minutes to cook. Reserve 1/4 of the pasta water when draining.

Add 3 tbs grapeseed oil, 1 1/2 tsp of scampi blend and shrimp and cook until the shrimp is pink. Remove shrimp and reserve remaining sauce for cooking.

Add shitake mushrooms and cook about 2 minutes. Add 1/4 reserved pasta water, 2 tbs grapeseed oil, 1 1/2 tsp scampi blend and mix. Add linguine and asparagus mixture and salt and cook for 5 minutes. Toss in shrimp and tomatoes and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Cathy, this looks delicious! Did you create this recipe yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey D- I just realized that you left me a comment here. Yes. I created the recipe myself. I didn't really like how this turned out. I think next time I'm going to add lemon juice. to make the pasta more scampi like.

    ReplyDelete