Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chocolate Carmel Turtle Cookies

Need a cookie pick-me-up that's not chocolate chip? You gotta try these chocolate carmel turtle cookies that's semi-home made. I usually keep a box of the Ghirardelli Caramel Turtle Brownie Mix in my pantry for a pick me up when I need a sweet tooth filling. I've also made these for parties and they always seem to be a hit.

Ingredients:
1 package Ghirardelli Caramel Turtle Brownie Mix (1 pouch brownie mix and 1 pouch caramel)4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 egg
18 pecan halves

You can also substitue any brownie mix and buy the caramel syrup that's used for ice cream.

Preheat oven to 350°F.
In large bowl, place Ghirardelli Caramel Turtle Brownie Mix, butter and egg. Use an electric mixer or large spoon and mix until the dough is formed. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, 1-inch apart, onto an ungreased baking sheet. With thumb or handle of wooden spoon, press indentation into center of cookie dough and fill with caramel. Place 1 pecan half on top of caramel. Bake 11-13 minutes.

Makes 18, 2 1/2 -inch cookies.

These cookies are bite size turtle brownies which are a bit of heaven to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment